Posted 17 years ago by ori
Hello,

I tried the C# Add-On with some dlls and it worked, but with one other dll I get an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." exception.

when I open the IntelliPrompt I can see types (classes and interfaces) from the specific dll, but when I try to get members from one of the types the exception is thrown

This is the call stack:
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.DotNet.Dom.DotNetProjectResolver.GetMembers(IDomType contextType, IDomType targetType, String name, DomBindingFlags flags)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.DotNet.Dom.DotNetProjectResolver.b(Hashtable A_0, IDomType A_1, IDomType A_2, DomBindingFlags A_3)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.DotNet.Dom.DotNetSyntaxLanguage.b(DotNetLanguage A_0, SyntaxEditor A_1, Boolean A_2)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.CSharp.CSharpSyntaxLanguage.ShowIntelliPromptMemberList(SyntaxEditor syntaxEditor)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.Addons.CSharp.CSharpSyntaxLanguage.OnSyntaxEditorKeyTyped(SyntaxEditor syntaxEditor, KeyTypedEventArgs e)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.a(EditorView A_0, Keys A_1, Char A_2, Boolean A_3)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at ActiproSoftware.SyntaxEditor.SyntaxEditor.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
[Modified at 07/16/2007 06:28 AM]

Comments (6)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Can you ZIP up and email us the assembly that doesn't load and any other non-System assemblies that it references? This way we can debug it to see what is happening. Also be sure you have the latest maintenance releases since we fix these sorts of issues in new builds that come out.

Actipro Software Support

Sorry I cannot email my assembly, I tried to give as much information as possible

And yes, I have the latest version
Unfortunately based on your stack trace we can't fix it unless we have something to debug. We have had other customers send us assemblies when they have run into issues loading them and we keep everything strictly confidential. If you are unable to do this then please try to create a small assembly with a subset of the code that still shows the issue and send that over. Thanks.

Actipro Software Support

I cannot send my Assembly. I will try to create a sample project altough I don't know how.

Again - the list of types from the assembly is shown correctly, but there is an exception when the list of members for a specific type is populated.
What I mean is create a project that generates an assembly that also causes this to happen. Since you know the specific type that this occurs on, maybe just include that type or something similar to it in your project. Then load it up in the .NET Reflection QuickStart in our sample project and if you can dupe it there, then email your repro assembly over to us with instructions on what to do to make it occur.

We may push out a new build late today so if you can get this done in the next several hours it would be most appreciated and we may be able to have a fix for you immediately rather than in a week or two.

Actipro Software Support

More information: it doesn't happen for classes. Only for interfaces.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.