IsOverwriteModeActiveChanged evenArguments have been modified in v2019.1

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 5 years ago by Murali Mahendra Kumar Banala
Version: 19.1.0681

Hi,
the following event arguments for the IsOverwriteModeActiveChanged are modified from

<editor:SyntaxEditor 
x:Name="editor"
IsOverwriteModeActiveChanged="OnSyntaxEditorIsOverwriteModeActiveChanged"
/>
private void OnSyntaxEditorIsOverwriteModeActiveChanged(object sender, BooleanPropertyChangedRoutedEventArgs e)

to

private void OnSyntaxEditorIsOverwriteModeActiveChanged(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

Earlier I used to use the e.NewValue to perform some operations on that, now that BooleanPropertyChangedRoutedEventArgs has been replaced with RoutedEventArgs, how will I get the NewValue?

Is it that I have to directly use the (sender as SyntaxEditor).IsOverwriteModeActive instead of the e.NewValue?

Thanks in advance.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 5 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes, just access the SyntaxEditor.IsOverwriteModeActive property to get the current ("new") value.  We had to make some breaking changes in v2019.1 so that the API could be the same throughout WPF, UWP, and WinForms.  All the changes are covered in the "SyntaxEditor / Converting from Previous Versions / Converting to 2019.1" topic in the documentation that comes with the product.

[Modified 5 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.