AssemblyReference with internal types

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by horato
Version: 19.1.0683

Hello,

I have in memory DLL loaded into appdomain with the InternalsVisibleTo attribute setup. This DLL is used inside CSharpParser instance to provide roslyn compilation diagnostics for the editor. The issue here is that intellisense doesn't provide info for internal types even though the diagnostic reports no errors. Is there any way to include internal types in the resulting IAssembly?

Thank you

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I'm sorry but the reflection cache files that our IntelliPrompt use only write out reflection data for "exported" (not internal) types and members.  The add-on isn't designed to pull in any internal types/members, except for those in the same "project" assembly, whose data only comes in from source code and not reflection.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by horato

Is there any way to make this work? Should I write my own IAssembly parser? Are there any publicly available?

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Probably not with how the add-on is currently written.  The main block is that our reflection logic only serializes exported types/members to the reflection cache data files, which keeps the cache files smaller and uses less memory. 

Even if that internal information was serialized, the next block is that the resolver only allows internal resolver results for the "project" assembly.  That logic would all have to be updated to somehow know if the type's containing assembly had an InternalVisibleTo attribute specified for the "project" assembly.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.