Incorporating Custom C# Assembly Into Intelliprompt

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Scott Jeslis
Version: 18.1.0674

Hello,

Guess I'm still not clear on how to get a custom assembly's methods and properties to show up in the Syntax Editor using the .NET Language Add-on. I've done this:

cSharpProjectAssembly.AssemblyReferences.AddFrom(@"C:\\Source\\Cicero.XM\\CICDev\\Framework\\CIC.Framework.CustomAutomation\\bin\\x86\\Debug\\CIC.Framework.CustomAutomation.dll");

and a few things show up, e.g. a couple of namespaces, but nothing useful.

Does the custom assembly need to implement IProjectAssembly interface or something? It's just not clear to me from product documentations of the steps required.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Scott,

Make sure you follow the steps in the .NET Languages Add-on's C# Language "Getting Started" documentation topic. 

Do those things first, then add references like what you are doing.  Make sure you are also adding any assemblies as references that your assembly requires as a dependency.  Otherwise some types might not be able to be resolved.  Maybe that's what's happening here?  Doing the reference adding is the same concept as adding a reference to a source project in Visual Studio.

Once you do that, the namespaces and types within the referenced assemblies should be available for use.  Just like any normal C# code in Visual Studio, you have to add "using" statements in your editor document for the namespaces so that you can directly use types within it.  It should be pretty straigtforward though, as long as you followed the "Getting Started" steps and then included the proper assembly references.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Actipro Software Support

"Make sure you are also adding any assemblies as references that your assembly requires as a dependency. Otherwise some types might not be able to be resolved. "

Good point, let me try that! Thanks!

Loading up the dependent assemblies helped and then not having the proper "Using" statements was the biggest issue. Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.