PropertyGrid update from ViewModel

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Miles Merckel
Version: 17.2.0665

I’ve got a PropertyGrid with a binding to my ViewModel using the DataObject property.

<grids:PropertyGrid DataObject="{Binding myObj}" IsCategorized="False" IsSummaryVisible="False" IsReadOnly="True"/>

This loads up as expected but I can’t get the control to update when my ViewModel updates. The INotifyPropertyChanged mechanism is working in my application with other controls ok, I’ve tried changing modes but can’t get any data to update after the initialization.

Is this possible with the PropertyGrid? I'm only trying to display the data I'm not trying to update the ViewModel from the UI.

Comments (2)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Miles,

We also watch for INotifyPropertyChanged so that should work as well with PropertyGrid. 

If you have a scenario where it isn't working, kindly put together a new simple sample project showing it and send that to our support address.  Please reference this thread in your e-mail, ensure you remove the bin/obj folders from the ZIP you send, and rename the .zip file extension so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we can debug with that and see what's happening.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Miles Merckel

Sorry my error, I hadn’t implemented INotifyPropertyChanged in my custom class myObj.

All good with now with INotifyPropertyChanged implementation.

Thanks

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.