TabbedMdiHost HasTabImages - control the alignment?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Brad Salmon
Version: 19.1.0684

I set the HasTabImages on the TabbedMdiHost and the tabs show the image and then the tab title. I am wondering if there is a way to have it show the tab title and then the image (i.e. place the image after the title).

I can't seem to set the TabbedMdiTabContextContentTemplate for this because my DockSite.DocumentItemsSource is bound to a collection of items that are UIElement's, so the data template has not DataContext (which is needed because the Image to display is a property on the item in the DocumentItemsSource.

Comments (2)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brad,

Per the other thread, I would recommend not using a UIElement as your DockSite.DocumentItemsSource.  Then you could make use of the context content feature that shows an optional contextual UI (which could be an image) after the text.

The tab Image is defined before the tab text in the AdvancedTabItem template, so it can't easily be changed without retemplating the control.  It's much preferable to use the context content feature instead if you want the image after.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Brad Salmon

Yep - I changed the DockItem class so no longer a UIElement and now able to use the TabbedMdiTabContextContentTemplate as desired.

Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.