Posted 17 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
Hi,
We have noticed a problem with intellisense tooltips in syntaxeditor. There are cases where you can get tooltips to show and are difficult to get rid of. To reproduce it, launch the ".NET Language Reflection" part of your sample application:

1. Type
button.Dispose(
in the constructor of BaseControl. A tooltip will show.
2. Click on InheritedControl.cs to go to a different editor and the tooltip will remain visible.
3. You can repeat steps 1 and 2 to get more tooltips to show. I am looking 3 right now.

I'm not sure what the correct fix would be, perhaps a place to start would be to have the tooltip hide when the mouse cursor leaves the control.

thanks,
Jake

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Jake,

We can look into it more however after looking at it, when the tab changes even the Visible property of the SyntaxEditor is not updated to be false so we don't get an indication that it should close. Typically the parameter info does stay up even when the control loses focus. So ideally we'd close it if the SyntaxEditor was hidden via the selection of another tab. You may have to add code for this in your app.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Jake Pearson - Software Developer, Alion Science and Technology
I tried to do it myself. I added
IntelliPrompt.QuickInfo.HideOnMouseMove = true;
to the constructor of my editor, but the QuickInfo window didn't go away when I moved my mouse. I also tried to explicitly call
Intelliprompt.QuickInfo.Hide();
, but it didn't help either.

Any idea?
thanks,
Jake

[Modified at 07/19/2007 10:11 AM]
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
The tip you were describing was the parameter info tip, not the quick info tip. Change your code to hide the parameter info one instead.

Actipro Software Support

That worked perfectly, thanks for the tip.
The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.