Remove "border" around tab content in DockSite

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Brad Salmon
Version: 19.1.0684

I have a DockSite bound to collection of view models. When the tabs are rendered, there appears to be a "border" at the top and bottom of the content of the tab. I've tried to set the Margin and Padding to 0 on the DockingWindow and TabbedMdiHost but it still appears. Refer to the image here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak_HaIbXrmWOgsZLQ5-uUWxzavBheQ?e=OFCiN8

Notice the dark blue border/gap between the "Service List" tab and the content. There is also one at the bottom of the content. If the tab loses focus, the color of that "gap" changes to a baby-blue color, so I assume there is some style setting or property for it. I either want to get rid of it or at least change the style so the color matches the background of my content.

Comments (1)

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Brad,

I believe that area is the "Highlight" portion of the AdvancedTabControl.  The defaults are set with these resources:

<Setter Property="HighlightBrushActive" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.TabbedMdiContainerTabControlBackgroundActiveFocusedBrushKey}}" />
<Setter Property="HighlightBrushInactive" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.TabbedMdiContainerTabControlBackgroundInactiveNormalBrushKey}}" />
<Setter Property="HighlightThickness" Value="{DynamicResource {x:Static themes:AssetResourceKeys.TabbedMdiContainerTabControlPaddingNormalThicknessKey}}" />

You may be able to just override the TabbedMdiContainerTabControlPaddingNormalThicknessKey resource to zero in your Application.Resources to get rid of it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.