How to deactivate filters in IntelliPrompt

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Esther Carbajo
Version: 19.1.0684

I am using the ActiPro SyntaxEditor control with the C#.Net language addon to read out all methods and properties of an assembly and display it in the syntax editor with Intellisense. Now i have 2 problems for which i cant find a answer

1. When using Ctrl+Space i get all Elements of the Assembly in a Popup, below the list of the elements are some Buttons with which i can filter the elements which are displayed (i would attach a screenshot, but it seams this forum doesnt support that :/). i dont want those Buttons, is there some way to deactivate them?

2. I have defined CompletionFilter tabs in my Intellibox, one with CompletionFilterDisplayMode AllTab and a few others.

The AllTab should not display everything but instead everything from the other tabs. As far as i understand the AllTab displays everything and cannot be filtered? Is there some way to solve this?

[Modified 4 years ago]

Comments (4)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Esther,

1) You can create a class that inherits CSharpCompletionProvider (i.e. CustomCSharpCompletionProvider) and override OnSessionOpening.  You can clear the session.Filters in that.  Return the results of the call to the base method.  Then register your CustomCSharpCompletionProvider as a service of type CSharpCompletionProvider on the syntax language to override our default one.

2) Correct, the AllTab filter always displays everything.  That being said, it can combine with other filters.  So you could add a completion filter with a display mode of None and have it be your core filter for "everything from the tabs".  That way you have an overall filter that would apply to everything.

Actipro Software Support

thanks for your help, just a few questions

1) You can create a class that inherits CSharpCompletionProvider (i.e. CustomCSharpCompletionProvider) and override OnSessionOpening.  You can clear the session.Filters in that.  Return the results of the call to the base method.  Then register your CustomCSharpCompletionProvider as a service of type CSharpCompletionProvider on the syntax language to override our default one.

i already did that and applied my own session filters.

With the buttons i didnt mean the session.Filter tabs, there are buttons above them (dont know how they are named) which also filter the content of the IntelliBox, i dont want those buttons because i only want to use the session filter tabs.

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Yes the CSharpCompletionProvider adds CompletionFilters of display mode type ToggleButton to session.Filters before OnSessionOpening is called.  So I would suggest clearing the session.Filters collection before you add your own.

Actipro Software Support

Yes the CSharpCompletionProvider adds CompletionFilters of display mode type ToggleButton to session.Filters before OnSessionOpening is called.  So I would suggest clearing the session.Filters collection before you add your own.

that worked, thanks again

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.