How to keyboard navigate to dock panel's gripper buttons (help, hide, minimize..)

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by UI-UX
Version: 19.1.0684

Hello,

I am using Actipro docking pane. How can I keyboard navigate to dock panel's small (PART_TitleBar) buttons (options, minimize, maximize, close).

I think the style that it uses is: <Style x:Key="{x:Type docking:ToolWindowContainer}" TargetType="docking:ToolWindowContainer">

Please help,

Thanks.

[Modified 4 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jon,

You can press the "Alt+-" keyboard shortcut to access the options menu for the tool window container.

"Windows+Up" will maximize a floating tool window (like any other window) and "Windows+Down" will restore when maximized.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by UI-UX

Thanks for the reply.

Is there any way we can change the modifier keys to some other standard key! It feels very inflexible to use a certain key combination instead of the standard 'Tab / Shift+Tab' !

Answer - Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Jon,

Sorry but no, those aren't configurable and aren't focusable buttons, so they don't support tabbing.  But you can still access the same functionality via the options menu that pops up with "Alt+-".  The design is the same as what Visual Studio does.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.