Unable to disable validation on document window style

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Michael Janulaitis - Corner Bowl Software
Version: 19.1.0684
Platform: .NET 3.0 (Core)
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

When my attached view model has an error the tab gets the red border around it.  I tried to disable through the following style but no luck:

<Style x:Key="DocumentWindowStyle" TargetType="docking:DocumentWindow" BasedOn="{StaticResource DockingWindowStyle}">
        <Setter Property="FileName" Value="{Binding Path=Text, Mode=TwoWay}" />
        <Setter Property="Validation.ErrorTemplate" Value="{StaticResource EmptyValidationTemplate}" />
    </Style>

Comments (4)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

We're not aware of any red borders, but it could be something built into WPF validation causing it.  If you'd like us to look into it, please reproduce this in a new simple sample project and send it to our support address and we will debug the scenario with that.  Be sure to exclude the bin/obj folders from the ZIP you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

I'm unable to duplicate and my code has changed such that I do not know how to get back to senario.  Please close or remove this thread.

I was able to finally reproduce this.  I have a screen shot but I do not see a way to post it here.

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

The best thing to do would be to send us a new simple sample project that shows it happening, and include your screenshot.  Please send those to our support address so that we can debug with the sample project.  Reference this thread in your email.  Be sure to remove the bin/obj folders from the ZIP you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.