Posted 17 years ago by Kasper
Version: 4.0.0256
Platform: .NET 2.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
Hi,

One of my users is reporting a problem with indentation, when using the special font "Proggy Clean". I'm not sure whether or not this will happen with other fonts than that, or if it's a problem related to the specific font. You may see a screenshot of how the indentation looks, with indentationguides, here: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/6579/indentationproblempj5.gif

Is this a bug or what?

Comments (5)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I think what is happening is that indentation guides are based on a tabstop for the current font. Since your selector text is in bold, I'm assuming here that your whitespace before it is also in bold, thus making the "space" size larger. Perhaps try using a non-bold font for the whitespace there and then bold just for the text. I bet that will fix it.

Actipro Software Support

Yes, apparently that does fix it. I'm having a hard time figuring out whether or not this is a bug though? Or in other words: Should I just tell him to live with the non-bold syntax coloring, or will a fix be made to SyntaxEditor at some point? :)
It's not considered a bug. What I'm saying is that your whitespace style should be non-bold. If you change your style for whitespace to be non-bold (but keep the style for the actual text to still be bold) then everything will look the same but line up correctly.

Actipro Software Support

I'm not sure I know what you mean with that whitespace style? In my configuration, only 2 items are set to bold: "Text" and "BracketHighlihtingStyle". I have Text set to bold, because I want to have bold selectors :). So, what's with the whitespace stuff? Is it something that should be added or what?
In the language def there are probably patterns defined for whitespace and for text or identifiers. You need to make the whitespace patterns use a non-bold font.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.