When dragging a docked tool window, the created floating window is positioned incorrectly on HiDPI displays if
FloatingWindowShowInTaskBarMode="Always" on the
This is easily reproduced in your "Inline IDE" sample:
- Make sure your system DPI scaling is set higher than 100% (mine is set to 150%).
- Rebuild and run the demo.
- To see the issue most clealy, move the demo window a fair distance from the top-left corner of the screen.
- Grab the docked "Solution Explorer" pane by its title bar and drag it until it becomes floating.
- Observe that the newly created floating window is significantly offset from the cursor.
We'd love to see this fixed, as users have asked for a way to 'untether' floating tool windows such that activating one will not necessarily bring the owner window into the foreground.
As an aside, it would be nice if floating dock hosts containing only tool windows would default their
DockHost.Title to the title of the active child
ToolWindow. That way, the title reflected in the taskbar previews would match the title displayed in the window.
[Modified 2 years ago]