Posted 4 years ago by Michael Janulaitis - Corner Bowl Software
Version: 19.1.0685

I am using version v18.1.0673

When selecting New Vertical Tab Group my IsOpen is called multiple times:

Closed

Open

Closed

Open

This happens so fast my async network calls to subscribe and unsubscribe to data updates execute before each previous event finishes.  Since I have a network app, I can't block.  If there was only once close and one open I would be find but I am getting multiple which totally hoses me.  Here is my xaml:

<Style x:Key="DockingWindowStyle" TargetType="docking:DockingWindow">
<Setter Property="Description" Value="{Binding Path=Description, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<Setter Property="IsActive" Value="{Binding Path=IsActive, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<Setter Property="IsFloating" Value="{Binding Path=IsFloating, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<Setter Property="IsOpen" Value="{Binding Path=IsOpen, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<Setter Property="IsSelected" Value="{Binding Path=IsSelected, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<Setter Property="SerializationId" Value="{Binding Path=SerializationId, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<Setter Property="Title" Value="{Binding Path=Title, Mode=TwoWay}" />
<Setter Property="WindowGroupName" Value="{Binding Path=WindowGroupName, Mode=TwoWay}" />
</Style>

Ideally,  close and open wouldn't even be called or if they were additional data would be available so I could detect the windows is just being moved allowing me to totally ignore the update.  Is there a work around for these multiple calls or does the latest version of the software fix this bug.  I call it a bug because the window is only closed once yet I get two callbacks.  Same goes for open.  

Comments (3)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

In v2019.1 build 685 we made the following change:

Updated when the DockingWindow.IsOpen property is changed during layout changes to more closely match the DockSite.WindowsOpened/WindowsClosed events

Have you tried that newer version to see if it resolves the issue for you?  I don't believe IsOpen will be changed in this scenario any more as of that change.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Michael Janulaitis - Corner Bowl Software

I have not.  My maintenance has expired.  I will renew if this will resolve the issue.  Anyway to find out?  There does not appear to be anyway for me to renew my license.

[Modified 4 years ago]

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

You can download the latest evaluation version from our web site to try it out.  Please contact our sales team and they can work with you on licensing for the expired license.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.