Cleanup of tagger

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 19.1.0684

Hi,

I have implemented a tagger for parse errors (based on CollectionTagger<ISquiggleTag>). I want the tagger to register an event handler, so he can refresh when some settings are changed. To remove the event handler I have overridden the method 'OnClosed', but this is never called.

I am curious since I never actually had to tell the editor to close, I just removed the control and that was it. And I didn't find any way to close the editor instance. How am I supposed to cleanup view based services like a tagger?

Alternatively I would have to refresh the tagger manually. How could I achieve that?

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (4)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

First, is the tagger created from a tagger provider service on your syntax language?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Yeah. I didn't even know there was another way :)

// this is called in the constructor of my SyntaxLanguage
RegisterService(new CodeDocumentTaggerProvider<MyParseErrorTagger>(typeof(MyParseErrorTagger)));

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

What happens if you set the editor.Document.Language to SyntaxLanguage.PlainText when you want to "close" an editor?  That should initiate a sequence where taggers from languages are told to close.

Actipro Software Support

Yes it does, but it seems a bit hacky. I guess I will use it as a temporary solution, but there should be a cleaner way.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.