Selection is not updated on splitview and intellisense commit

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Dirk Zellerfeld
Version: 19.1.0686
Platform: .NET 3.0 (Core)
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a minor issue. When the editor is in splitview mode and I have selected a word in the bottom view. Then open intellisense in upper view at a place BEFORE the selected word and commit an entry to autocomplete, the editor text gets updated. The issue: The selected word at the bottom no longer remains selected, instead it shifts out of the selection.

I've compared this behavior against Visual Studio and in Visual Studio the selected word remains selected, this is why I would think its a bug here.

[Modified 4 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dirk,

Just so I can verify we're seeing the same thing when I tried to reproduce this, are you seeing the selection at the bottom offset by the number of characters that are replaced by the auto-complete?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 4 years ago by Dirk Zellerfeld

I did some tests and it seems to actually depend on how you complete the word and what intellisense does further:

1. Type nothing but press CTRL+Space, select the word via mouse and double click => selection remains, no issue

2. Type "un" and press CTRL+Space and select "unchecked" via mouse or keyboard => selection gets off by 2 chars

3. Not shown in the video but in my application I add "function" the same way as step 1. But intellisense was set to auto append two brackets "()" at the end, so I got "function()" added. And intellisense set the caret between the brackets. This also sets the selection off by 2, likely because of the auto added brackets.

4. Using undo/redo will always gets the selection off

I made a GIF for you: https://imgur.com/a/xhhg8Zg

[Modified 4 years ago]

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for reporting this bug.  I believe we now have it fixed for the next version.  The probable last 2019.1 maintenance release came out a couple weeks ago, so the next version will likely be the 2020.1 version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.