Add an a Command Prompt shorcut

Code Writer App Suggestions and Support Forum

Posted 4 years ago by Noel Grullon

Not equal to visual studio code but a button or something to open a command prompt in the directory where my file is there to *for example* execute an a compiler

Note.: My english is super bad sorry xd

Comments (4)

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Are you asking for a way to run a command line process (like an executable), or do you mean you simply want to open a command line (e.g. "cmd" from the Windows Run menu) that is already set up with a specific directory?  

Actipro Software Support

For example i am editing a file.txt, that file directory is c:\users\user\desktop when i open the command prompt("cmd") after i click an option in the software or the editor... that is already set up with the file.txt directory. 

Note.: My english is super bad sorry x2

Posted 4 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Noel,

It used to be that Universal Windows Platform applications like Code Writer were completely sandboxed and didn't have access to do things like this.  For instance, this article explains it:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35462100/run-cmd-command-on-windows-10-universal-app-platform

We will make a note of this request, although I'm not sure it's technically allowed yet.  Microsoft has been working to update UWP to allow more native Windows interaction so they could have changed things more recently.  It might require us to update to a newer version of their platform though, if it is even possible.

Actipro Software Support

Okey i understand i hope microsoft allows UWP to intereacts with .exe files and more formats thank you for your time and Patience, I'll be using this editor, is easy to use and more practical than the default editor windows.

The latest build of this product (v4.2.42) was released 3 years ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.