Posted 3 years ago by Dirk Zellerfeld
Version: 20.1.1

Similar to

ToolWindowsHaveTitleBars

how to hide title bars of documents?

Comments (5)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dirk,

Can you clarify what exact UI part you are referring to and the MDI kind you are using?  The reason I ask is that tabbed MDI documents don't really have title bars.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

DocumentWindows, I want to basically hide the headers / titles so only the active document window is visible to the user.

Hi Dirk,

You didn't mention which MDI kind you are using.  Do you use TabbedMdiHost or StandardMdiHost?

Actipro Software Support

I'm sorry, I am using TabbedMdiHost 

Hi Dirk,

There isn't a way to hide the TabbedMdiContainer tabs externally.  We do have an IsTabStripVisible property on them that is inherited from DockingWindowContainerBase, but that is set and updated internally and more for when ToolWindowContainer has a single tool window and the tabs need to hide.

Perhaps a better option for you if you want to hide the document chrome is to use standard (windowed) MDI instead and maximize the DocumentWindow with the StandardMdiHost.AreMaximizedWindowFramesVisible property set to false?

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.