WPF Syntax Editor Intelliprompt Background is Transparent?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by CRS
Version: 20.1.1

I'm a beginner working with intelliprompt that's using a custom schema. The intelliprompt suggestions load fine, but the window background for intelliprompt is transparent instead of opaque. Any idea why this would be happening? I haven't changed any default styling that I know of. 

Comments (4)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We haven't seen that happening.  Can you make a new simple sample project that shows it happening and email that to our support address, referencing this thread?  Then we can have a look to see what's going on.  Please exclude the bin/obj folder so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by OWY

Hi, I had the same issue, the solution I found was to overwrite the styling on the intellipromt completion list. if you add this to your resource dictionary for the window containing the editor it should sort the issue:

<Style TargetType="editor:IntelliPromptCompletionList">
    <Setter Property="Background">
        <Setter.Value>
            <SolidColorBrush Color="White" Opacity="1"/>
        </Setter.Value>
    </Setter>
    <Setter Property="BorderBrush" Value="#FFC2C4C7"/>
</Style>

[Modified 3 years ago]

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi OWY,

The other customer was loading SyntaxEditor in interop (an Excel add-in) and not running a WPF .exe.  In that scenario, no WPF Application was created by default, so theming couldn't apply.

Are you using SyntaxEditor in an interop scenario?

If so, take a look at this documentation topic in the "Using WPF Controls in Windows Forms Applications" section.  The same information applies to any interop scenario, Windows Forms or other ones like Office add-ins.  If you create the WPF Application before your main Window loads, it resolves the issue without any workarounds needed.  Make sure you shut down the Application too when your main Window is closed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Chris Shaw

I did have the same issue.

I'm using the SyntaxEditor in a WPF UserControl that is Hosted in a WinForms application.  We've been using the SE for a long time, but I just recently upgraded from 17.2 to 21.1.  Nothing else had changed in the code, though the application was upgraded to .NET Fwk 4.7.2 (from 4.5) as part of this effort.

I read the Troubleshooting post, and added the suggested code to my Launcher class, and all's well.

Thanks!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.