pre-process text before opening intelli-prompt

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by ori
Version: 4.0.0257
Hello,

I want to use the c# lanaguge addon and open the intelli-prompt window - for a text which is different from the editor's document text.
I'm not talking about a prefix and a suffix (like in the exmpale for editing inner method body). I want to change the text before compilation (without this change the code will not compile).

I have sections in the code (delimited from the code) that I just want to omit. I don't want the intelli-prompt to consider them.

Is there a way to do it?

Thanks,
Ori

[Modified at 08/03/2007 12:59 PM]

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
There is a topic in the add-on's help for how to filter member list items. You can use that to remove items that it adds before the actual list is displayed. That would probably work for you.

However there isn't really a way to "remove" text from what is getting semantically parsed.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by ori
My problem is that the text I want to edit is not exactly c#, but after you remove the non-c# elements it is a pure c# code.
I need the semantic parser to ignore code section - just like an asp editor works only with section between <% and %>

Can I add a sub language to the c# language from the .net Addon?
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Merging of multiple languages into the add-on currently isn't really supported. You may be able to try it though and perhaps the child language will be ignored if its PerformSemanticParse callback returns a null compilation unit. So that may work out for you.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.