Child nodes are not added when folder gets added while filtering

Shell for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Dirk Zellerfeld
Version: 20.1.1
Platform: .NET 5.0
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

On ShellTreeListBox I'm using a simple StringFilterBase filter. When the filter is active and the filter text is for example "abc" and I move the following folder with its content

• Abcdefg_folder
    • Abcdefg_file1
    • Abcdefg_file2

into the directory which is visible/filtered by the ShellTreeListBox, then Abcdefg_folder appears right in the filtered results view but its shown as an empty folder. When I clear/disable the filter then, Abcdefg_folder is not expandable. So its folder content was not added to the ShellTreeListBox.

Comments (3)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dirk,

ShellTreeListBox will only show folders by default.  Could that be what's going on here, or did you specifically set the control to include files as well (not the default)?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by Dirk Zellerfeld

Yes, these are my options:

<shell:ShellTreeListBox
Name="treeList"
AutoExpandItemsOnFilter="True"
CanDragItems="True"
CanIncludeFiles="True"
CanIncludeLinks="True"
IsFilterActive="{Binding ElementName=TextBoxSearch, Path=HasText}"
IsNewFolderContextMenuItemAllowed="True"
IsRenamingEnabled="True"
IsTextSearchEnabled="True"
RootShellFolderParsingName="{Binding RootFolder, Mode=OneWay}"
TextSearch.TextPath="Name">
<grids:TreeListBox.DataFilter>
<local:TreeNodeModelStringFilter x:Name="stringFilter" />
</grids:TreeListBox.DataFilter>
</shell:ShellTreeListBox>
Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dirk,

I tried to reproduce this scenario but when I try with our latest codebase, I see the added folder expanded with its two files visible.  If you'd like us to research further, kindly make a new simple sample project that shows it happening and send that over to our support address so we can test with that to be sure we are on the same scenario.  Please reference this thread and exclude the bin/obj folders from any .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 12 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.