How to generate an independent group in DockingWindow?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon
Version: 21.1.1

There is such a scenario, I want to open a separate window on the right side of the layout, I set its WindowGroupName property to a unique value.

But at this time, if there is already a window of another group on the right side of the layout, the windows of two different groups will be merged into the same group.

The effect I want to achieve is that in this case, there should be two separate windows on the right side because they do not belong to the same group.

Did I miss or did something wrong? Can you give us a case of the effect we need?

Comments (1)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

The current functionality of the "WindowGroupName" property is to associate a window with other windows of the same group name so that when the new window is opened and no previous layout information is available for that window, it will attempt to find other windows with the same "WindowGroupName" and attach to those.

In your scenario, the window you are opening with a unique "WindowGroupName" does not have any prior layout and cannot find any other windows with the same "WindowGroupName", so it is opening in the default location.

You could try opening the document and then invoking DockingWindow.MoveToNewVerticalContainer to create the new group.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.