Support for .NET RegEx - Unicode character classes

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Dan Smith - Novi, MI USA
Version: 4.0.0252
Is there support for a regular expression using a Unicode character class (see
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/20bw873z(vs.80).aspx). For example, if I want a regex that accepts any Greek word, I could use "\p{IsGreek}+". The SyntaxEditor RegEx documentation doesn't mention this construct.

If it's not supported, is there any straight-foward work-around? I poked around at maybe doing something with "LexicalPattern", but didn't find anything that looked promising.

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Dan,

Sorry but you are correct, \p is not supported right now and the only workaround would be to create a CharClass that contains the character ranges of the Greek letters. However if that gets to be a huge number of character ranges then it may slow down parsing.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Dan Smith - Novi, MI USA
Where/how do I integrate my own CharClass? A quick search for "CharClass" in the docs didn't turn up much...
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Sorry, I should have specified the Character Classes section in the "SyntaxEditor Regular Expression Guide / Language Elements" topic in the documentation. That shows you how to build a character class for use in a regular expression.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.