Specifying user files instead of search paths in project

SyntaxEditor Python Language Add-on for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 21.1.0

Hi,

we are just starting to use the python add-on. To show the content from other files, I have to specify the parent directory of each file as a search path.
This seems a little counter-intuitive. Is there a way to simply add and remove files from the project?

The IProject interface has a collection of active modules, but this requires a compilation unit. I am looking for something similiar to the LoadForFile() method in the C# add-on (DotNetProjectResolver.SourceProjectContent).

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (2)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

The search paths only require that you specify the root path of each folder structure.  When you do so, it will traverse into sub-folders to look for packages and modules.

Unfortunately there isn't anything to load a single file since the contextual location of the module within its folder structure is required to determine the package.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

I guess I still have to figure out how Python works. Creating empty files with the name "__init__.py" along the way, solves the problem.

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.