Virtual indent of blank lines.

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon
Version: 21.1.1

Picture example: https://ibb.co/h20CwJn

The area underlined in red in the picture is free of spaces and tabs.

There is such a feature in VS: When the mouse clicks on a blank line, the cursor will stay at the specified indentation position, even if there is no content in front of it.

In the process of realizing this feature.I can move the cursor position by setting the IndentAmount property of the specified line. But this will automatically fill in the blank symbol in front of the cursor.

The effect I expect is that the cursor can stay at the specified position like VS, and the space will not be automatically filled in the front, otherwise, as long as the mouse clicks on the blank line, the text will become a modified state.

Comments (4)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Thank you for the suggestion.  This seems to be a feature added in more recent versions of Visual Studio and seems to only work in certain languages.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon

This function allows the user's cursor to quickly reach the correct indentation position, which is a very good experience. At present, most of our languages ​​can support this feature.

Posted 2 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon

Hi!

Are there any new plans for this support? Our users really need support for this feature?

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

It's on the TODO list as a suggestion, but we haven't started on that feature yet.  I will bump the priority a bit for when we cycle back on new SyntaxEditor features.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.