Do you have any guidance for building apps with actipro controls with Azure Devops?

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Douglas Gerard - Jackalope Technologies, inc.
Version: 21.1.1

Just upgrading to the latest release and am excited to use the nugget packages.  Unfortunately, the build seems to hang when compiling licenses associated with the latest revision of the Actipro controls.

Do I need to install the Actipro controls on the build VM?  I'm thinking it's hanging as it sees it's not licensed on that machine.

I've got more work to do to troubleshoot but thought I'd ask for "how to" while I am still troubleshooting.

An example of working through DevOps with your component would be nice.  I am very happy you have nuget versions now.  I've been building with a 2019 version and stumbled on the nuget feeds by accident.

Comments (3)

Answer - Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Douglas,

Please see this Licensing documentation topic since it talks about how to configure licensing when using NuGet feeds. 

My guess based on what you said is that licensing isn't configured yet, and the build is hanging on the evaluation license dialog display.  If you follow the steps in that topic, that problem should disappear.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Tom P.

Given the suggested solution of using

ActiproSoftware.Products.ActiproLicenseManager.RegisterLicense("yourLicensee", "yourLicenseKey");

Wouldn't this strongly suggest obfuscation and encryption of your Assembly which makes this call?? Otherwise a decompile will expose yourLicenseKey.

[Modified 2 years ago]

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tom,

Yes, that is a good point.  It is certainly preferred and recommended that your callee assembly is obfuscated or the strings are at least encrypted in some fashion.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.