Event for click on AutoHide-Pin?

Docking/MDI for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Michael Sabo - -privat-
Hello

I am evaluating the docking control whether I can realize my gimmick.

I need a notification if a ToolWindow change his state from Docking to AutoHide.
I don't find a event for it.

Or is it possible to get information about this action from other events?
I tried following code:

private void OnAutoHideToolWindowHiding(object sender, TabbedMdiWindowEventArgs e)
{
   ToolWindow current = e.TabbedMdiWindow as ToolWindow;
   if (current.State != ToolWindowState.AutoHide)
      current.AutoHideSize = current.Size;
}
But the property State is always AutoHide.
Should it not be only AutoHide if is it temporary displayed (move mouse over Tab in Tabstrip)

Thanks
Michael

I hope you understand me ;)

[Modified at 08/11/2007 12:56 PM]

Comments (4)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michael,

Sorry we currently don't have a state change event in place. The state is AutoHide whenever the tool window is docked on the side, regardless if it is currently visible via a slide out or not.

Perhaps what you could do though is override the ToolWindow class and in a class of your own, look for parent control changes. Then see if the state changed. That may or may not accomplish what you need for now.

But we'll try and bump up the request on the priority list.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 6 years ago by Nicolas Carriere

Hello,

Do you if something was done about this? This is something that would be very usefull.

Thanks!

Nicolas

Posted 6 years ago by Nicolas Carriere

Clarification: Would be very usefull to have an event/parameter that could indicate if the Auto-Hide window is actually visible or not.

Thanks

Nicolas

Posted 6 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The WinForms Docking/MDI product has DockManager.AutoHideToolWindowDisplaying and AutoHideToolWindowHiding events that fire when the popup containing the tool window's content opens/closes.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.