Can it support the grammatical definition of json key value?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon
Version: 21.1.1

The current grammar definition of Json cannot distinguish between keys and values. As a result, the current coloring keys and values ​​are recognized as String types. Can this be perfected?

Comments (3)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Actually v20.1.1 added a different syntax highlighting for JSON property names per this change:

Improved the JSON syntax highlighting with a new classification type and related highlighting style for property names.

I opened a sample with the JSON language in the Web Languages Add-on just now and it seems to work well.  Are you stll seeing a problem?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon

Sorry, I made a mistake. Other engineers randomly set up a syntax definition file and named it Json.langdef.

I found that json.langdef is not included in the sample project. Why does this grammar file need to be sold separately? Apart from it, it seems that all other grammar files are available.

Answer - Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The JSON lexer we have in our Web Languages Add-on is coded by hand in C#, and doesn't come from a Json.langdef file.  The JSON syntax language in the add-on has many additional features like parsing with AST generation, syntax error reporting, code outlining, text formatting, smart indent and more.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.