Conversion from SE3.0 XML

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Rich@Prism - SSE, Prism Software
Version: 21.1.0403

I have a SyntaxEditor 3.0 XML file/definition that I would like to convert to a langdef file. I have tried the Language Designer but nothing gets imported. Does Actipro have an internal tool that could possibly do this conversion for me?

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rich,

v3.0 is about 15 years old so we don't have anything that imports it directly.  That being said, the documentation in v4.0 related to conversion of v3.0 Dynamic Language XML Definitions reads:

• The LanguageDefinitionVersion attribute of the root SyntaxLanguage tag in a dynamic language XML definition should now have a value of 4.0.
  • The xmlns attribute should be http://ActiproSoftware/SyntaxEditor/4.0/LanguageDefinition.
  • The Underline attribute of the Style tag should be renamed to UnderlineStyle
    and it has some different values. For instance, Solid should now be used instead of True.

If you do those things to port your XML from v3.0 to v4.0, you should have a v4.0 XML file that can be imported into the Language Designer.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by Rich@Prism - SSE, Prism Software

Thank you so much. A couple of changes and now it's working!

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.