Use old style of the Ribbon's contextual tab groups

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Dan Hutt
Version: 21.1.2

I'm hoping to get some assistance with the visual style of contextual tab groups in the newest Nuget version of Actipro.

I have a requirement investigate updating to the latest Actipro version while keeping as much as I can visually similar. Our application makes use of contextual tab groups, and the new version is a big difference for us visually. I noticed in the release notes that contextual tab groups no longer have a style that draws over the title bar which I think is a fine decision for most applications. However, in our case I need to get that old style back with the background coloring and for it to draw over the title bar.

I've tried all the different themes and it seems that if this functionality is still included in ActiPro, it's hidden away somewhere. Is there any way to use the old contextual tab group style?

I can attach screenshots if this description is confusing!

Thanks for any help!

Comments (3)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dan,

In the theming updates for v20.1, we consolidated RibbonWindow to use our WindowChrome for rendering.  RibbonWindow used to have its own custom template and had special extremely complex logic for title bar arranging to support contextual tab group background rendering.  This all made it difficult to maintain relative to WindowChrome.  Since WindowChrome now does all the RibbonWindow theming for consistency, it no longer renders any backgrounds in the title bar area for contextual tab groups, which matches newer Office versions.  Unfortunately v20.1 and later no longer support rendering contextual tab backgrounds in the title bar like old Office versions did.

In the future, we will be continuing to update our themes to match newer Office and Windows 11 so that apps can maintain parity with the latest Microsoft offerings.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 3 years ago by Dan Hutt

Dang, I was afraid of that. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

The main motive for upgrading was actually moving our dependencies to Nuget. Is there any chance version 19.1 is making it's way to Nuget?

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry but we don't have plans to publish older versions on nuget.org than what is already there.  You could always make a private local NuGet service that contained old versions and use that.

If you wanted to talk more offline about the original subject, we could do so.  Perhaps email our support address, mention this thread, and send a screenshot or two of how you're using Ribbon right now.  We'd love to get you on the latest version.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.