Why would i have your dll in a project without your products

SyntaxEditor .NET Languages Add-on for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Stephen Russell
I have a simple DAL project and when it builds i get your dll in the build? I don't have a reference to it and we all know that your products and a DAL are at least 1 or 2 tiers away from one another.

ActiproSoftware.Wizard.dll is the offending dll.

Any ideas?

TIA

__Stephen

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Visual Studio may copy it over if you are referencing another assembly in your DAL project that references the Wizard assembly, since without the Wizard assembly available, that referenced assembly cannot execute.

That is how Visual Studio works in terms of non-System assembly references.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Stephen Russell
Thanks for the reply.

I do not believe that I have downloaded not installed your product on my dev box. Yet when I build my DAL I get your wizard dll in the Release dir.

Imports System
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Data.Sql
Imports System.Data.SqlClient
Imports System.Data.Odbc
Imports System.Configuration
Imports System.Runtime.InteropServices
Imports System.Security.Permissions
Imports System.Reflection
Imports System.IO
Imports System.Text
Imports System.Security.Cryptography
Imports IBM.Data.Informix

This is everthing in my various classes depending on data backend and all. I have cross checked this on the references screen and no diferences.

Any ideas?

It has my manager in doubt about .NET.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Please note that Imports are NOT references. References are the assemblies themselves that your project references. The only reason our assembly would be copied over to your build folder is if the DAL project itself or one of the assemblies it references in turn references the Wizard dll.

Since you said your DAL project doesn't reference the Wizard dll, then one of the assemblies your DAL project references must be referencing it. Otherwise this would not be happening.

There is nothing for your manager to be worried about. Visual Studio is behaving correctly.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.