PartEditBoxCommitTriggers, how to *not* commit when losing focus

Editors for WPF Forum

Posted 3 years ago by Sebastian Starosielec - Class 5 Photonics GmbH
Version: 21.1.3

I want my EditBoxes to only commit a value when the user presses the enter key. Think about doing irreversible stuff with some hardware as a response to that value changed, I don't want response triggered cause the user clicked with the mouse somewhere else in the window while typing values.

Unfortunately as far as the options in PartEditBoxCommitTriggers go, EditBoxes always commits when the box loses focus.

Is there an easy way to prevent this behaviour on losing focus ? Do i need to change the entire control framework supplier ?

Comments (1)

Posted 3 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Sebastian,

Unfortunately an attempt to commit on focus loss is built into the core PartEditBox logic and there isn't currently an option to prevent it.

We will update PartEditBoxCommitTriggers to include a LostFocus option for the next major version (v22.1).  Making it an explicit option will be a breaking change, even though we'll update the Default and All values that most people use.  Only people who use options other than Default/All will need to make changes to retain prior behavior.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.