Theming of ribbon control

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH
Version: 22.1.0

Hi,

we noticed some differences in the white ribbon theme to version used in Office 2019.

Firstly the application button is not colorized. I managed to achieve the desired result by duplicating and adpating the style from your sources. But I would suggest that the colors of the application button can be changed separately from the normal tabs.

But I am stuck with the second issue. In Office there is a border between the title bar and the tabs. I can only add a border under the tab buttons, but not above like it is in Office. Is there a way to achieve the same look like in Office 2019?

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Tobias,

Unfortunately we don't have Office 2019 screenshots to reference to see the border you mentioned in the second item.  Do you mean a border that wraps around the left/top/right of the selected tab only, or something else?  If you are looking for a border above the entire Ribbon area, you could wrap the Ribbon with a Border and add a BorderThickness="0,1,0,0" though.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Tobias Lingemann - Software Devolpment Engineer, Vector Informatik GmbH

Wow, that was suprisingly easy :) Thank you

My first attempt was to set the BorderThickness of the ribbon control itself.
Just for reference, this is the Office 2019 theme I mean: https://abload.de/img/office2019ejj9l.jpg

[Modified 2 years ago]

Best regards, Tobias Lingemann.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.