How to set individual window title to floating window?

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Yuki
Version: 21.1.3

Hello,

I want to set individual window title to floating window. (like a Visual Studio : [Project name] + [File name])

Is there any way?

I checked document.

I have only found the following.

- DockSite.FloatingWindowTitle

- This affect all floating window.

- DockHost.Title

- This property is readonly.

[Modified 2 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Which kind of floating window are you talking about, a ToolWindow or a floating DockHost?  

If you mean a single ToolWindow, use its Title property.  If you want to make the Title longer and the tab text for it shorter, set a shorter length TabText property on it.  So for instance a ToolWindow.Title could be set to "Visual Studio : [Project name] + [File name]", while its TabText could be set to "[File name]".

A floating DockHost (that can contain its own MDI docking area) will have its Title property set from the DockSite.FloatingWindowTitle property.

[Modified 2 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Yuki

Thank you for replying.

I'm talking about window title of floating DockHost.

A floating DockHost (that can contain its own MDI docking area) will have its Title property set from the DockSite.FloatingWindowTitle property.

Does it mean that all of floating DockSite title is the same and will set from DockSite.FloatingWindowTitle property?

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

Yes the DockSite.FloatingWindowTitle will be applied to all floating DockHosts.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.