EditorViewButton Sample Problem

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Craig Eddy - Star Technologies
Version: 4.0.0258
Environment: Windows Vista (32-bit)
If I open EditorViewButtonsForm.cs in VS 2003 designer, the scrollbar buttons (that are the subject of this sample) disappear. I noticed this after attempting to add buttons to my own project.

They show up when added to, for example, ScrollBarTopButtons using the form designer property grid. However, if you run the application they do not show up. And looking at the form's InitializeComponent method, they don't appear at all.

Comments (2)

Posted 17 years ago by Craig Eddy - Star Technologies
Here's what shows up in the Task List if I open the EditorViewButtonsForm in the forms designer:

C:\Program Files\Actipro Software\WindowsForms\SyntaxEditor\v4.0.0258\TestApplication-CSharp.Net11\QuickStart\EditorViewButtonsForm.cs(84): The variable 'editorViewButtonCommand1' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
C:\Program Files\Actipro Software\WindowsForms\SyntaxEditor\v4.0.0258\TestApplication-CSharp.Net11\QuickStart\EditorViewButtonsForm.cs(85): The variable 'editorViewButtonCommand2' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
C:\Program Files\Actipro Software\WindowsForms\SyntaxEditor\v4.0.0258\TestApplication-CSharp.Net11\QuickStart\EditorViewButtonsForm.cs(90): The variable 'editorViewButtonCommand3' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
C:\Program Files\Actipro Software\WindowsForms\SyntaxEditor\v4.0.0258\TestApplication-CSharp.Net11\QuickStart\EditorViewButtonsForm.cs(95): The variable 'editorViewButtonCommand4' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
C:\Program Files\Actipro Software\WindowsForms\SyntaxEditor\v4.0.0258\TestApplication-CSharp.Net11\QuickStart\EditorViewButtonsForm.cs(100): The variable 'editorViewButtonCommand5' is either undeclared or was never assigned.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Craig,

Hmm, this is really odd because the code in the designer is correct and after testing it works fine in VS 2005. But as you said in VS 2003 it doesn't appear to read in the command objects. The code base is the same for both the .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 versions too.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.