ToolWindow leaks DataContext

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Michael Janulaitis - Corner Bowl Software
Version: 22.1.0
Platform: .NET 4.7
Environment: Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been running .Net Memory Profiler and when I load and unload the docking MDI controls the previous view model assigned to each tool window is leaked.  The leak appears to fix itself the next cycle of the docking MDI controls.  So if I do the cycle 10 times I see 2 leaks per toolwindow.  I have screen shots of the memory profile which I can provide.  Also when stepping through the code the finalizer is never called for the view models assigned to the DataContext of each ToolWindow.

[Modified 2 years ago]

Comments (3)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

We are not aware of any memory leaks and the same general codebase for this has been in place for many years.  If you think there is a problem, please make a new simple sample project that shows the issue happening and send that to our support address so that we can debug with it and see what you see.  It could be a configuration issue or it could be a bug, but it's difficult to know without debugging.  Be sure to reference this thread in your email, and exclude the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Michael Janulaitis - Corner Bowl Software

Please check my origial message.  I have proof via my memory profiler.  I need to do a remote session so I can show you my memory profile which thinks the windows are leaking.

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

Thank you but per our previous reply, for things like this we need a new simple sample project that shows it happening so we can debug it locally.  Then we can investigate it and if code changes are needed, we can test those changes and make sure they fix the problem.  You should be able to reproduce the same scenario in a new simple sample project by mimicking what you do in your own application as far as using view-models.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.