Any plans to update installed samples to recent .NET version, e.g., .NET 5 or 6?

WPF Studio, Themes, and Shared Library for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Paul Cutting
Version: 22.1.0

Hi,

I'm new to ActiPro and the WPF Controls suite.  I just downloaded the WPF Controls and installed them, and started browing the samples (Sample Browser, Prism Integration and Window Workflow Integration).  I was surprised to see that these still targeted full-fat .NET Framework.  Any plans on updating these to something more current, e.g. .NET 5 or 6 (as of January 2022)?

Thanks.

Comments (5)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Paul,

Yes we already do have .NET 5 compiles of our controls in our NuGet packages.  Please see that documentation topic for details. 

The installer just has the .NET Framework versions of the assemblies, while our NuGet packages have .NET Framework 4.5.2, .NET Core 3.1, and .NET 5 compiles in them right now.

Actipro Software Support

Thank you for the quick response.  Sorry, I don't think I phrased my question very clearly.  My question pertained to the sample code specifically that gets installed, rather than the Actipro controls themselves.  For example, the sample projects target .NET Framework 4.6.2 and use the old non-SDK style projects.  I was asking if the samples would be updated to something more modern.

Thanks.

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

My apologies, I see that now.  The installed version of the samples target .NET Framework only and are classic non-SDK projects.

That being said, if you look at our WPF-Controls GitHub repo, we have all of them open source there.  In that repo, we have SDK-based projects instead that can easily use the other frameworks.  The modern SDK projects there use our controls' NuGet packages and are meant to be paired with them.

[Modified 2 years ago]

Actipro Software Support

That's great, thank you.  I see that the csproj files in the GitHub repo for the Samples Browser do indeed use the new SDK-style format.  It looks like the Prism Integration and Window Workflow Integration samples still target .NET 4.6.2.  Just a heads-up that the main GitHub README.md still says targeting .NET 4.6.2.

Thanks.  Think I'm good for now.

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Thank you for letting us know about the Readme.  We will update it to remove that target note and add the supported platforms in the NuGet packages section.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.