DockingWindow realizes the memory function through MVVM

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon
Version: 22.1.0

I implemented DockingWindow's memory function. I see your Demo doesn't have MVVM implementation. Can you provide the relevant code?

And what is the role of UniqueId and SerializaID? It seems that I can only set SerializaID, so I don't quite understand which property should bind the data to.

Comments (3)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

The DockingWindow.UniqueId is an auto-generated Guid that we use throughout the product to uniquely identify a docking window.  You do not assign this.

The DockingWindow.SerializationId is used as a string you assign to uniquely identify the docking window for layout serialization.  It's something that is meaningful to you, such as a file path for a document, etc.

As for implementing layout serialization when using MVVM, please see this related thread.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Sunshine - Appeon

Thank you very much for your case, now I can save the layout smoothly!

But now we have a new scene that we need to ask how to achieve the goal:

I saved a layout with three windows A, B, C. Then I open D and E again. At this point, I drag the three windows A, B, and C to disrupt their layout, and then I restore the positions of the three windows A, B, and C by restoring the layout, and keep the existing two windows D and E at the same time.

Do you have any preset functions related to this scene or can you tell us how to achieve this effect?

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I assume what you see happen after all that is that after restoring the layout for A, B, and C, you only see those three windows in the layout and D and E are closed.  Is that correct?

If so, you could set IsOpen = true on windows D and E after the layout restore.  That will try and reopen them in the previous dock host they were in and in the same state.  Although since the layout has changed a bit now from when they were previously open, they might end up in a slightly different location.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.