Error with Ribbon Group in XBAP

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by MrX
Version: 1.0.0346
Platform: .NET 3.0
Environment: Windows XP (32-bit)
I've copied the XAML in GettingStarted04.xaml (which is the first module to introduce the Ribbon Group) into an XBAP rather than a Windows App. It builds fine but I get a NullReferenceException if I have a Ribbon Group inside a Ribbon Tab. If I comment the Ribbon Group code out, I can successfully run the app and see the Ribbon and Ribbon Tabs.

Any suggestions?

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Thanks for reporting this. It was an issue with the group's items collection not being properly intialized. Perhaps adding items (instead of an empty group) resolves it as a workaround.

We've fixed the issue for the upcoming maintenance release. We'll try and get it out in the next couple days.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by MrX
Great, I presume the fix will resolve the bug when trying to open GettingStarted04 from within your demo application for the Ribbon too.

I realise it's not something that is likely to happen in the real world (an empty Ribbon Group) but the control should be able to cope with it.

Thanks.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Yes, the quickstart is what we tested it with.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 7 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.