Toolbar positions

Bars for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Michal Kotas
Version: 2.0.93
Hi,

is there some way how to store positions of all toolbar on my BarManager? But I need to store only positions, no tooblars items, icons etc. Now if I have some program with toolbar layout and am using SaveBarLayoutToFile, it will store position and items on each toolbar as well. So if I release new version with modified toolbar and user download it and application load toolbar settings - these new items are not shown, because they are not stored in XML file from previous application state. So how can I store position only?

Thanks

Michal

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Hi Michal,

Are you using the "differential" format for saving layouts or the "complete" one?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Michal Kotas
Hi,

I'm using SaveBarLayoutToFile on my BarManager....
_BarManager.SaveBarLayoutToFile(strFile, False)
Michal
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Differential layouts only store how items are "different" from the designer, which sets a "baseline" layout. So if you add items in the designer baseline layout, they should still show up when loading a differential layout. If you are not seeing this then perhaps you can create a sample project that shows this happening and email it over. Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 1 month ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.