TreeGridView Expander Visibility after Failed Async Children Load

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC
Version: 22.1.1

In my application, I load TreeGridView nodes on demand using async web service calls .  99% of the time, the service call is successful, but sometimes it fails due to various authorization issues.  When this happens, the Expander disappears.  I need it to remain visible so the user can retry the expansion after correcting the authorization issue.  I've tried adding a call to TreeListBoxItemAdapter.InvalidateChildren(), as per the documentation, but this immediately calls TreeListBoxItemAdapter.GetChildren() which returns an empty ObservableCollection (because there are no children yet).  How do I get the Expander to remain visible in this use case?

Comments (2)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Rick,

If you set the node to be IsExpanded = false prior to InvalidateChildren, does that make any difference?

If not, can you put together a new simple sample project showing this scenario and send that to our support address, referencing this thread?  Be sure to exclude the bin/obj folders from the .zip you send so it doesn't get spam blocked.  Then we can debug with that and see if we can some up with a way to support this.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Rick - Developer, Visual Software Systems LLC

I just sent over a sample project that illustrates the issue.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.