Office 365 New Look (2022)

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Daniel Graham
Version: 22.1.1

Hi there,

Any plans to support the new Office 365 ribbon look? I'm not sure when it came out but fairly recently.

In this iteration, all the tabs exist within a single white bordered areas the full width of the screen - it looks good.

If I can work out how to attach a picture I will do so.

Thanks

Comments (12)

Answer - Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Yes, we have been working for a few months on an improved implementation of Ribbon that is capable of being fully-driven via MVVM, but can also still have UI created in XAML (like the current Ribbon) if you wish.  One part of that design has been implementing the new Office desktop app look that Microsoft created for Windows 11.  We have it looking great so far, with additional fluid animations, and even the new Mica backdrop support.  We are still probably several months away from a beta, but it's progressing well, so watch our blog for details as we get closer to a beta.

Actipro Software Support

Thanks - that's good to know - I'll look out for it

Hi There - I'm wondering if there is an update on the time frame for this as yet?

Thanks

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Not yet... we have a couple projects we are actively working on, and this is one of them.  For this one though, we found we had to go back and refactor a certain major area of the project design which sidetracked things for several weeks.  Now that that is resolved, we are back to moving forward with it.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 year ago by Daniel Graham

Hi There,

Is there any news on this?

Kind Regards

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Yes, the new Ribbon has been our primary development focus for a while now and we are currently working on finalizing the source API for an upcoming beta as part of v23.1.  We've already built a bunch of new samples and in the coming weeks will be finishing up the samples, writing documentation, and getting a first look beta of it ready for v23.1.  The first beta will primarily be the new Ribbon and while that is being tested, we'll be starting to work on adding docking toolbar functionality as well, similar to Visual Studio toolbars. 

Actipro Software Support

That's great news. Do you have any idea of an approximate timeline to a full release? ie 3 months, 6 months, 12 months etc - doesn't need to be accurate

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

It's our top development priority right now, so really as soon as it's done.  We should be able to post some first screenshots on our blog relatively soon.  We are certainly aiming for a first quarter release.

Actipro Software Support

Cool - thank you for that "wet finger" - that's probably sooner than the next release of our product, so should dovetail. Thanks.

Hi There,

I note that your next major release of WPFControls is out (23.1). But your website and docs still currently seem to be at 22.1.

I can imagine it takes quite a long time to update this stuff so fair enough.

I can't quite tell from the blog post - did this latest Office 365 look and feel for the Ribbon make it in, in the end?

Thansks

[Modified 1 year ago]

Hi Daniel,

Actually v23.1 of the WPF Controls is not released yet.  It's currently in beta testing as we work on documentation for the new Bars product being added to it.  v23.1 of the WinForms Controls is out though, so maybe that's what you saw?

The new Bars product has a ribbon control implementation in it that does have the latest desktop Office look and feel, even with optional support for Simplified (single row) layout mode.  If you'd like to help us beta test, please write our support address.

Actipro Software Support

You're right - serves me right for not reading closely enough!

I might well get in touch at a later date re: the beta.

Thanks

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.