Office 365 New Look (2022)

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 7 months ago by Daniel Graham
Version: 22.1.1

Hi there,

Any plans to support the new Office 365 ribbon look? I'm not sure when it came out but fairly recently.

In this iteration, all the tabs exist within a single white bordered areas the full width of the screen - it looks good.

If I can work out how to attach a picture I will do so.

Thanks

Comments (4)

Answer - Posted 7 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Yes, we have been working for a few months on an improved implementation of Ribbon that is capable of being fully-driven via MVVM, but can also still have UI created in XAML (like the current Ribbon) if you wish.  One part of that design has been implementing the new Office desktop app look that Microsoft created for Windows 11.  We have it looking great so far, with additional fluid animations, and even the new Mica backdrop support.  We are still probably several months away from a beta, but it's progressing well, so watch our blog for details as we get closer to a beta.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 7 months ago by Daniel Graham

Thanks - that's good to know - I'll look out for it

Posted 5 months ago by Daniel Graham

Hi There - I'm wondering if there is an update on the time frame for this as yet?

Thanks

Posted 5 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Daniel,

Not yet... we have a couple projects we are actively working on, and this is one of them.  For this one though, we found we had to go back and refactor a certain major area of the project design which sidetracked things for several weeks.  Now that that is resolved, we are back to moving forward with it.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v22.1.4) was released 23 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.