Upgrade from 4.0 to 22.1 version

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Michael Zadvornyi
Version: 22.1.2

Hello, 

I would like to upgrade SyntaxEditor in my application from 4.0 to 22.1, but structure of the new SyntaxEditor version is changed completely.
My application has two xml files, SqlLanguage.xml and SqlGrammar.xml.
The first file I imported by SE4 Importer in Language Designer.
From the second file I took ast nodes definitions and added them to the .langproj file generated above.
Also, my second file contains parser declarations, but now I cannot generate my parser, because RecursiveDescentSemanticParserGenerator is absent.

Is there a way to continue to use my SqlGrammar.xml file to generate a parser or a way to convert it to something new?

[Modified 2 years ago]

Comments (1)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Michael,

That is correct, the SE4 Importer will allow you to take a SyntaxEditor 4.0 XML language definition and move it to a comparable dynamic lexer within a newer language project.

There unfortunately isn't a path forward to reuse the older way of doing parsers with the newer version's APIs.  You would have to take the logic concepts from your old grammar and try to port them to either our LL(*) Parser Framework or use a third-party parser that you could invoke within a custom IParser implementation in the newer version's APIs.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.