context menu on document tab

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 2 years ago by Kyle Kotwica
Version: 22.1.3

I wonder if someone can give me some advice/insight. In my application if I have 2 documents open and a user right clicks on the non-active document the context menu opens and then the document becomes active and the context menu disappears. I'm not sure what is causing the context menu to close but I assume I'm doing something when the document becomes active (like stealling focus). 

I'm wondering what causes the context menu to close, and is there a way to work around this behavior. e.g. can I programically open the context menu after the document is loaded.

Comments (3)

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kyle,

I'm trying to duplicate this in our main Docking/MDI demo but am not seeing it happen so far.  Are you seeing the problem occur there?  If so, please give us the steps to see it happen.  Thanks!

Actipro Software Support

Posted 2 years ago by Kyle Kotwica

yeah it doesn't happen in your demo thats why I say "I'm not sure what is causing the context menu to close but I assume I'm doing something when the document becomes active (like stealling focus)."

Can you tell me what causes the context menu to close? And if I can some how avoid that and or programically open the context menu after the document is loaded?

Posted 2 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

It's hard to say what could cause it to close without seeing a simple sample project showing it happening.  Generally, context menus will close if focus moves elsewhere or another menu shows.

Have you created a custom context menu here or are you just using our defaults as-is?  If you want to have custom context menus, you'd want to follow the information in this Menu Customization documentation topic.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.