ColorPropertyEditor : CommitTriggers not working as intended ...

Grids for WPF Forum

Posted 1 year ago by Olivier
Version: 22.1.3

Hi Friends,

When using a ColorPropertyEditor with the standard popup (the one with color circle picker), when I change the color inside the popup, the new value is instantly commited.

This behaviour does not seem to follow the CommitTriggers value.

What is (if possible) the correct way to have this popup commit its value only when closing the popup and/or moving focus from the propertygrid cell ?

Thanks guys ;-)

Comments (2)

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Olivier,

The problem here is that the picker binds its value to the edit box's Value property, so that's why you see it updating immediately.  We did a test to see what happens if we would bind to IntermediateValue instead, but it introduces a lot of bugs that would need to be sorted out since it seems the core control logic was designed without anticipating that scenario.  Unfortunately it isn't a simple update we can make to add an option for this.  We will log the request for this feature.

In the meantime, perhaps the value you bind to could be delayed or buffered in some way to prevent any immediate processing that might be occurring?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 year ago by Olivier

Thanks for answering guys.

Will investigate on my side to see if I can delay the refresh somehow.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 0 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.