Can I change the display order of sessions?

SyntaxEditor for WPF Forum

Posted 1 year ago by Mana Abe
Version: 22.1.4
Hello, dear Actipro!

I would like to display CompletionSession & ParameterInfoSession in same time.
I have two questions.

## 1.

I refered to following post:
https://www.actiprosoftware.com/community/thread/22902/intellisense-and-parameter-info-windows-overl

And I use view.SyntaxEditor.IntelliPrompt.RepositionAll(), it works fine.

I found, even if I changed the order of calling RequestSession(), the placement of sessions was unchanged.
The order is always, input line - ParameterInfoSession - CompletionSession.
Can I change the display order of sessions?

## 2.

I would like to place a ParameterInfoSession above input line (and place a CompletionSession below the line).
Is it possible?

Comments (2)

Answer - Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

You shouldn't really ever need to call RepositionAll(), since the completion list session is programmed to appear around the target line and any open parameter info session UI.  RepositionAll() is there as a backup in case there is some scenario that requires all the positioning logic of each session to execute again.

Unfortunately we don't have any options for determining the priority of how sessions arrange themselves.  Our built-in logic tries to mimic how Visual Studio does things where a parameter info session takes priority in closeness to the target line, then a completion list session is next.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 year ago by Mana Abe

Thank you for that information.
I understood.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 2 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.