Application Crash in ActiPro stack

Docking/MDI for WPF Forum

Posted 1 year ago by Michael Janulaitis - Corner Bowl Software
Version: 22.1.4
Platform: .NET 4.8
Environment: Windows 11 (64-bit)

I have a customer running on a classified system so I can't provide more information nor can I reproduce this bug, however I was able to get the .Net application event de-classified and recevied the error today.  The error occurs when the main application view's DataContext changes.  The application does this when the user clicks File | Logoff.  The application unloads the main view which contains the DockManager then loads a new view that does not contain any Actipro views.  This should be a simple try/catch wrapper fix in the ActiproSoftware.Windows.Interop.NativeMethodsHelper.GetDefaultMaxPopupMeasureHeight function. Here is the error:

Application: cbsmui.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
at System.Windows.Media.Visual.PointToScreen(System.Windows.Point)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Interop.NativeMethodsHelper.GetDefaultMaxPopupMeasureHeight(System.Windows.UIElement)
at ActiproSoftware.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ResizablePopupContentHost.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
at System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(System.Windows.Size)
at System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(System.Windows.Size)
at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at ServerManager.App.Main()

Comments (2)

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hello,

I believe that issue was found right after the v22.1.3 release and was fixed in v22.1.4.  You said in your posting you are on v22.1.4.  Is that accurate or are you on an earlier build?

Actipro Software Support

Posted 1 year ago by Michael Janulaitis - Corner Bowl Software

You are correct the particular build the customer has is 22.1.3.0.  I will update ASAP.  Thank you.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.2) was released 1 days ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.