Posted 1 year ago by Peter Schregle
Version: 22.1.4

Hi,

I'm looking for a range slider, i.e. a slider with two thumbs, which allow to select a range. I've noticed that you have something circular, but I need a linear version of it. Do you have any suggestions?

Best regards

Peter

Comments (6)

Posted 1 year ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Peter,

We don't yet have a linear version of that control but it's something on our TODO list and I logged your request for it.  We can let you know once it's added.  In the meantime, you could use an open source one.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

is there a chance that you'll add this type of linear slider to the next WPF Controls version? I mean: you want it, we need it. Could be an incentive to do it now.

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Our upcoming 23.1 version is on code lockdown right now since it's just about ready for release.  We'd love to get a range slider implemented too, but have to go based on priorities.  We hope to address it some time in the coming months.

Actipro Software Support

Hi,

I have now implemented a slider with two thumbs, according to this outline: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5395957/wpf-slider-with-two-thumbs 

It's basically two standard WPF sliders on top of each other implemented as a user control, where the top slider has most items but the thumb set to invisible.

The question I have now, is how I could adapt this to take over the theming from the WPF Controls, so that it looks the same as the original WPF slider in dark mode.

Best regards

Peter

Hi Peter,

Since you are a WPF Studio customer, you can download our default styles from your account.  If you look in the Shared library folder within the styles .zip, you'll find a Slider.xaml file where you can see our default style/template for slider controls.  You'd want to use a similar template and brushes as the ones we use there.

Actipro Software Support

Works nicely now, thanks a lot for your help.

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.