Editable ribbon combobox?

Ribbon for WPF Forum

Posted 17 years ago by Brad Daszynski
Version: 1.0.0347
How does one make a ribbon combo box editable? Setting IsEditable="True" does not work...

Also, the ribbon textbox doesn't have a maxlength property... curious as to why. Thanks.

[Modified at 08/30/2007 09:47 AM]

Comments (3)

Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
Right now the ribbon versions of the ComboBox and TextBox are simple wrappers for the real controls they contain within. In both cases the real ComboBox and TextBox can be retrieved via the Content property. Merging the wrapper and real controls is something we are considering for the future so that you would not use our wrapper ComboBox and TextBox classes. Instead our ribbon ComboBox and TextBox classes would inherit the related core WPF classes but have the functionality that the current wrappers provide. If you or anyone has any thoughts on whether this is a good or bad thing, please post them.

Anyhow, setting IsEditable, etc. on the wrapped controls works fine:

<ComboBox IsEditable="True">

Actipro Software Support

Posted 17 years ago by Brad Daszynski
I would definitely think merging the wrapper and the real controls would be a good thing. The controls would have the default properties that most users expect and would still maintain a consistent look and feel with respect to the other ribbon controls in the application.
Posted 17 years ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA
I agree so that's what we probably will be doing soon. The only downside I see is that with the current design you can use any ComboBox-derived class, not just the core one. So say you or a third-party make a special ComboBox that inherits ComboBox, it can be used as-is.

With the updated combination design, our ribbon ComboBox would inherit ComboBox, thereby preventing any custom ComboBoxes from being used unless you implement the custom functionality in a class that inherits our ribbon ComboBox.

Make sense? It's confusing stuff! :)

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.1) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.