Syntax Editor license validation

SyntaxEditor for Windows Forms Forum

Posted 11 months ago by Kevin D Pozsonyi
Version: 23.1.1

Is there a way at runtime to check if there is a valid license present without the licensing nag window popping up?  I tried the ActiproSoftware.Products.ActiproLicenseManager.ValidateLicense method call, but it also popped up the nag window.  Maybe I'm not calling it correctly?

Comments (3)

Posted 11 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kevin,

The ActiproLicenseManager.ValidateLicense method will show a nag window if the license is invalid and there isn't another option to validate anything.  If you applied your licenses correctly for the product(s) you are using, you should never see the license window.  Our Licensing documentation topic walks through how to configure everything, or you can e-mail our support address to privately discuss things if you have any questions, and we'll be happy to help.

Actipro Software Support

Posted 11 months ago by Kevin D Pozsonyi

Our goal was to check for a valid license before enabling certain functionality in our application that uses ActiPro, since not all deployments will have a valid license. Everything works fine with a valid license, but I did not want the nag window to come up during a license check.  Is there a way to check for a license without the nag window?

Posted 11 months ago by Actipro Software Support - Cleveland, OH, USA

Hi Kevin,

I'm sorry but we don't have any other options to validate the license at this time programmatically.  You could possibly include some boolean flag in your app settings for whether you registered your license or not and then go based off of that.

Actipro Software Support

The latest build of this product (v24.1.0) was released 2 months ago, which was after the last post in this thread.

Add Comment

Please log in to a validated account to post comments.